TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Please Connect Me provides an application lodgement service only. The Applicant(s) is/are solely responsible for all fees, charges and tariff payments in respect to connections, account establishments, bonds and usage to all services providers.
- Please Connect Me has no responsibility for the performance of the service providers in regard to connections, charges or supply, including delays and discontinuity of supply.
- The Applicant(s) acknowledge(s) that the service provider will supply under their standard conditions of supply as amended from time to time. Charges may include a security bond, connection fee, account establishment fee, usage charges, callout and installation fees and other charges as applicable from time to time.
- It is the responsibility of the Applicant(s) to obtain and be familiar with all service provider conditions of supply before entering into a supply contract.
- Please Connect Me will advise Applicants of available provider and tariff options to the best of our ability but make no warranty as to the cost competitiveness or suitability of any service provider services for the Applicant(s)’ use.
- In the event connections to service providers are cancelled the Applicant(s) remain(s) responsible for all payments to service providers incurred between connection and cancellation.
- Please Connect Me does not offer a ‘disconnection service’, but in some cases are able to arrange the disconnection of services with some suppliers, and under the condition the applicant(s) are not under any fixed term contract.
- The applicant(s) acknowledge(s) that Please Connect Me may receive a fee from the nominated service providers for arranging connections and that Please Connect Me Agents may receive an administrative fee from Please Connect Me for promotion of this service.
- Please Connect Me hereby limits the amount of its liability in the case where the goods or services are not of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use, at Please Connect Me’s option, to:
- (a) in the case of goods, any one or more of the following:(i) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;(ii) the repair of the goods;(iii) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods;(iv) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or(b) in the case of services:(i) the supplying of the services again; or
(ii) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- Subject to the above, under no circumstances will Please Connect Me be liable for any economic or non-economic loss or damage to persons or property of any nature as a result, whether direct or indirect, of any defect, deficiency or discrepancy in goods, materials or services supplied by Please Connect Me or any delay in delivery of the goods, materials or services. It is the Applicant(s)’ sole responsibility to ensure that the goods, materials or services supplied are sufficient and suitable for the purposes of the Applicant(s).
- The Applicant(s) specifically authorise(s) Please Connect Me to pass on all details provided by the customer normally required by the service provider for the purpose of arranging supply.
- Where Please Connect Me arrange a telephone connection(s) the Applicant(s) specifically authorise(s) Please Connect Me to advise the nominated service provider(s) of the connected service number(s) except where a silent listing is arranged.
- The Applicant(s) hereby agree(s) to all providers arranged by Please Connect Me on the Applicant(s)’ behalf conducting a credit check to assess the Applicant(s)’ credit worthiness.
Please Connect Me Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy
Please Connect Me recognises that bribery and corruption are against the law, and are damaging to legitimate business interests. Undermining good governance and distorting fair business practice have detrimental impacts on business and business confidence.
This document sets out the policy of Please Connect Me in relation to bribery and corruption. The Policy applies to all employees, directors, agents, consultants, contractors, customers and to any other people or bodies associated with Please Connect Me, regardless of their location.
Please Connect Me conducts all business in an honest and ethical manner, and takes steps to ensure that all associates and business partners do likewise.
Please Connect Me is committed to applying the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in its business activities. Every employee and individual acting on behalf of Please Connect Me is responsible for maintaining the company’s reputation and for conducting business honestly and with professional integrity.
Please Connect Me is committed to:
- A zero-tolerance approach to Bribery and Corruption.
- Acting in a fair, ethical and honest manner with all our employees, agents, suppliers and business associates.
- Maintaining, reviewing and living a firm policy on Bribery and Corruption.
- Upholding all national and international laws in respect of Bribery and Corruption.
Please Connect Me will benefit from conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner and will continue to have no tolerance for any form of bribery or corruption, whether direct or indirect, by any of its employees, officers, suppliers, customers, agents, consultants or in fact any person or company acting on Please Connect Me’s behalf.
Please Connect Me will only conduct business with suppliers, agents or representatives that maintain and uphold appropriate anti-bribery and corruption policies, or agree to adhere to the anti-bribery and corruption policy of Please Connect Me.
10th June 2021
Energy Management and Switching: Terms of Service
Version 1.1 effective 10 June 2021
Reference to the energy management and switching service is a reference to “the Energy Switching Service” which is operated by Please Connect Me Limited.
Please Connect Me Limited is a company registered in England & Wales with company number 10103770. Our registered office is 10 John Street, London, United Kingdom, WC1N 2EB
By using the energy management and switching service (the “Energy Switching Service”), the account holder (“you”) is entering into an agreement with Please Connect Me Limited to be bound by these Energy Switching Service Terms and Conditions. Any reference in these Terms and Conditions to “Please Connect Me”, “we”, “our” or “us” is a reference to Please Connect Me Limited
Where we change the Terms of Service we will update them on this site accordingly, along with a revised effective date. For any significant changes, we will also notify you by other means, such as via email.
1. The Energy Switching Service
1.1 The Energy Switching Service is a free service providing you the ability to:
1.1.1 undertake a digital domestic price comparison in sectors including energy, and other sectors as may be supported from time to time;
1.1.2 receive assistance completing a switch to a different tariff or supplier, as recommended;
1.1.3 create a profile including details and preferences to enable ongoing, personalised and automated assessment of the most appropriate tariff for you, without you needing to input any further information;
1.1.4 view your updated recommendations within the Please Connect Me app at any time;
1.1.5 such other features and functionality as we may provide in future;
1.2 Once you have switched supplier, you will receive an email confirmation. Each switch has a 14-day ‘cooling off’ period so once the switch is initiated, you can choose to cancel it without penalty during that period. It is important to note that there may be circumstances where a current provider delays or prevents a switch from taking place, such as where it suspects fraudulent activity, if there is debt on the account, or if there is a bill outstanding that has been unpaid for twenty-eight (28) days or more.
2. Your Responsibilities
2.1 In providing the Energy Switching Service to you, recommendations and switches are made according to the details provided to us by you and it is your obligation to ensure we are provided with accurate information in order to provide you with the Service.
2.2 Where a switch is initiated, it is extremely important that you read and familiarise yourself with the new provider’s terms and conditions and any specific terms and conditions applicable to the new product or service. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that the new product or service is both suitable for your needs and available on terms which you are willing to agree.
If you require any assistance with using the Service please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2.3 You should note that some providers may carry out hard credit searches where you confirm you want to undertake a switch. Hard credit searches may adversely affect your credit rating and will be visible to other parties who check your credit file from time to time. By using the Service you agree that such searches may be carried out.
2.4 You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself including your identity and address, as and where necessary for use of the Service.
3. Cancellation of switches
3.1 You are not obligated to use the Service. In the event you create an energy profile, you may cancel it at any time by emailing us at email@example.com from your registered email address, with your instruction to remove your energy profile. Upon receipt of your request we will action your request at our earliest reasonable opportunity.
3.2 Your energy profile may also be closed at our sole discretion for reasons including continued inactivity or suspected breach of these Terms of Service.
3.4 You will have the opportunity to cancel any switch undertaken using the Service within a fourteen (14) day cooling-off period after a switch has been initiated. You can exercise your right to cancel during this time by emailing our energy switching partner, Fundraising Innovations Limited (trading as ‘Energy Helpline’) via: firstname.lastname@example.org, or with your selected supplier directly.
4. How we will provide the Service
4.1 We attempt to include all offers that match your stated preferences, consumption and profile. In respect of energy switches, this will be through:
4.1.1. our technical service provider, Ideavate Limited, who are registered in England & Wales with company number 09624882, with a registered office address of 3rd Floor, Basildon House, 7 Moorgate, London, EC2R 6AF; and
4.1.2 Ideavate Limited’s energy switching partner, Fundraising Innovations Limited (also trading as ‘Energy Helpline’) registered in England and Wales at The Cart Wagon Lodge, Friday Street Farm, Friday Street, East Sutton, Kent ME17 3DD and company registration number is 04426857.
We may also take into account other factors such as provider customer service ratings and track records, based on Citizens Advice Bureau, Ofgem data or other data sources as updated from time to time. In addition, offers may exist that we have been unable to identify, for example, without limitation, those not advertised or not made widely available to the public or a particular segment of customers.
Due to these and other factors, we cannot and do not guarantee that the alternative offers we will find will be the cheapest.
4.2 The Energy Switching Service does not include:
4.2.1 any payments you must make to third party providers;
4.2.2 sending any messages on your behalf to third party providers, except as may be required to apply for products and services, or the receipt and notification to you of any messages received from third party providers; or
4.2.3 acting as your provider.
To be clear, the Energy Switching Service will not manage your contract with your new provider. This means that you shall remain solely responsible for complying with the terms of your contract; receiving and paying bills; providing information required by your new provider; and/or other general customer service issues, complaints or queries.
5. Our Obligations
5.1 We shall use reasonable endeavours to make the Energy Switching Service secure and available to you but we do not warrant or guarantee that it shall be secure, available or that it will not be withdrawn. The Energy Switching Service is provided “as is” and “as available” and your use of the Energy Switching Service is at your sole risk. We may discontinue, amend or withdraw the Energy Switching Service at any time without notice. It may also be subject to interruptions or downtime, whether due to causes within our control or due to third parties.
5.2 All warranties are expressly disclaimed, including relating to the Energy Switching Service, any Data (including that of third parties) and including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose and non-infringement.
5.3 We make no warranty as to (i) the level and quality of the Service ii) the Service being uninterrupted, timely, secure, error-free or accurate iii) the information accessible from the Service being accurate or reliable (including that provided by providers or other third parties) iv) that any technology errors will be corrected.
5.4 Usage of the Energy Switching Service by you will not create any warranty that is not expressly stated in these terms.
6. Energy Switching Service Suspension
6.1 We may at any time and without notice suspend your access to the Service in the event that:
- i) we reasonably suspect unauthorised or fraudulent use of the Service;
- ii) your use of the Energy Switching Service contravenes these Terms and Conditions or any future directions given by us from time to time.
6.2 We may vary, remove, enhance, discontinue and otherwise alter the Energy Switching Service and its components at any time and without notice and without liability to you. You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any such variation to the Service.
7. Data Protection
7.1 Where you undertake a switch through the Energy Switching Service and/ or submit an energy profile with us, you license us to store any data and other content relating to you, which may be obtained from providers and we have access to by virtue of your use of the Energy Switching Service (the “Data”). The license provided by you to us is without the payment by us of any fees.
We will only use the Data in order to:
- Provide the Energy Switching Service to you;
- Look at ways we can improve the Energy Switching Service;
- Analyse overall trends in usage of service providers, in an anonymised and aggregated manner (meaning that you cannot be personally identified), that we may share with third parties.
7.2 Protection of your Data:
We maintain a Data Privacy Notice which documents our approach and commitment to Data Protection and the privacy of your Data, and which is reviewed and maintained on an on-going basis.
8. Limitation of liability
8.1 Nothing in this agreement shall exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of either party or for fraud or for any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law. Subject to this, we do not accept any liability for any losses or damages you may incur:
8.1.1 if any content, information, material and/or data provided by you or confirmed by you or in connection with your use of the Energy Switching Service is incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate or in any way misleading;
8.1.2 in the event that you switch to a provider and/or product or service which does not meet your requirements or is unsuitable for your needs;
8.1.3 in the event that a switch request fails or your projected savings prove to be inaccurate because of a change in your circumstances or factors outside our reasonable control;
8.1.4 in connection with the terms and conditions applying to any contract entered into by you with a third party (including, but without limitation, any exit, cancellation or early termination charges which you may incur as a result of a switch);
8.1.5 as a result of any acts, omissions, errors or defaults of any third party (including, but without limitation, any third party provider to whom you have switched);
8.1.6 as the result of the operation or non-operation or availability of the Service or any component of it.
8.1.7 In the event of unauthorised access to the Energy Switching Service or interception of your Data by a third party, despite our best efforts to prevent it.
9. Proprietary Rights
9.1 You shall indemnify and hold us harmless in the event that any service provider or other third party alleges any breach or takes action against us due to actions linked to your use of the Energy Switching Service, including without limitation relating to copyright infringement or other alleged illegal activities. In the event of a claim under this clause, you shall provide us with all reasonable assistance required by us in order to a) hold us harmless against such claims, liability, damages, expenses and costs and b) ensure that our reputation is not adversely affected.
9.2 You agree not to reverse engineer or reverse compile the Energy Switching Service or its underlying technology.
In the event of a change of control event, such as an acquisition, Please Connect Me may assign part or all of this agreement to a third party, on the same terms, at any time and without notice.
If any part of these Terms of Service are held to be invalid or unenforceable, that shall not have any impact on the validity or enforceability of the remaining Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
This Agreement shall be governed by English law and both parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Prefer to Speak to Someone?
CALL NOW ON 0800 36 88 551
We’re ready to help with your connections right away, but we understand if you’d like more information first.
To chat with one of our friendly connections experts, call us on 0800 36 88 551 / +44 20 8158 8995
Terms & Conditions | Built by tigerdigital.uk
Please Connect Me Ltd, 10 John St, Holborn,
London WC1N 2EB
Tel: 0800 36 88 551
General Enquiries: email@example.com